- Ground pork: 300gr
- Shrimp paste: 3 tablespoons
- Fish sauce: 1 tbsp
- Dried onions: 1 bulb
- Fresh lemongrass: 2 plants
- Fresh galangal: 1 small branch
- Fresh chili: 1 fruit
- Spices: cooking oil, water, sugar.
Step 1: Preliminary processing
- Marinated shrimp paste with 3 tablespoons boiling water, stir, filter sediment.
- Rieng, lemongrass washed, grated very small, peeled onions, sliced, chopped, chopped fresh chili.
- Fresh pork chooses lean shoulder pieces with fat and lean, brought or minced. Marinate meat together with ½ galangal, lemongrass, onions, fish sauce and shrimp with 1 teaspoon of water. Mix thoroughly for 30 minutes to infuse.
- Non-fragrant ½ onion, lemongrass, galangal remaining, for meat to hunt.
- When the meat is hunted, give the rest of the shrimp sauce, add 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar, 1 chopped chili (can be added or reduced chili depending on the family's taste). Mix well and serve well. When the meat is yellow, shiny brown, the kitchen can be turned off.
The meat of shrimp paste is beautifully yellow and smells like galangal, mixed with the smell of shrimp paste, eaten hot or cold with rice.
- You should choose shavings because this lean meat is very good. Not too dry, not too tired.
- For cashew powder or char siu powder at onion, galangal will make the dish more attractive colors, otherwise you can skip this material.
- If you want to preserve it long, after the meat runs out of water, let the heat go down as low as possible, stir until the meat is hunted, soak up the fat of the meat. Allow to cool completely and discard the glass jar.