1. Choose delicious duck meat
- You should buy live ducks. To choose a delicious duck, first you need to choose a healthy baby, two wings pressed close, smooth feathers, agile eyes. If ducks have drooping wings, ruffled feathers, food kites harden . are sick ducks, should not buy.
- Besides, you also need to pay attention to choose the ducks with the point of two wings just enough to cross each other, their fat duck, breast, round fishing float, neck skin and thick belly skin, grow enough hair. You should not choose young ducks because they do not eat well, it takes a lot of time to pluck the fluff. Normally, young ducks have big and soft beaks, while old ducks have small and hard beaks. If the duck has already given birth, the abdomen may look droopy.
- In particular, you should choose male duck, because it is thicker and stronger than the female duck.
- When buying ready-made ducks, you should choose a skin that is still greasy, the meat does not have a different smell. To increase profit, many vendors often pump water into duck meat to increase their weight. Therefore, when buying ready-made ducks, you need to check carefully, if the duck is pumped with water, when you press it with your hand, it will feel slippery, the breast area and thighs of dough, not firm.
2. Materials to be prepared
- 1 kg of duck meat has been cleaned
- 1 large galangal branch (Do not choose galangal too old)
- 3 fresh horn peppers
- Horn peppers: 3 fruits
- 5 lemongrass roots
- 1 handful of coriander
- 3 dried onions, 1 garlic
- 1 small ginger branch
- Other spices: Ground pepper, salt, seasoning seeds, white wine, paprika, .
- Rinse duck meat with water 1 times and then rub salt and white wine rub up to eliminate odors. Then you cut the duck meat into small pieces to taste and then marinate with seasoning seeds, pepper, leave for 20 minutes to infuse the meat.
- Galangal peeled clean, washed with water to clean and then cut into fibers or put into mortar and crushed.
- Lemongrass picked up old stems and leaves and washed with clean water, minced.
- Chilli stalks and seeds, washed and sliced.
- Onions, garlic picked up and washed, minced.
- The coriander you remove the root, leaves and then washed, cut long.
3. How to prepare galangal duck
- Step 1: Put the pan on the stove, pour three tablespoons of heated oil. When the oil is boiling, add the duck meat to fry, over low heat, cook evenly.
- Step 2: When the meat is ready to turn yellow, put in 1 pan of lemongrass, 1 spoon of onion, minced garlic and stir until the meat is cooked. After that, you take out the duck meat and drain it.
- Step 3: Next, you non-fragrant 2 tablespoons of cooking oil with galangal, chilli, lemongrass, minced garlic and onion then put the duck meat on the island for about 3 minutes.
Finally, you lay the duck meat on a plate, sprinkle cilantro on top and enjoy with chutney or sweet and sour sauce.
Hope you are succesful.