Share this article:
On May 19, Dr. Ho Thanh Lich, Head of the Intensive and Anti-Poisoning Department, Saigon South International General Hospital, said that the hospital has just recently had a skin transplant for Mrs. TH (35 years old, Cambodian). .
Before that, Ms. H. was scratched at the hand and while making pork, she was infected with Streptococcus suis swine strep. The woman falls into a state of fatigue, dyspnea, thigh, and bleeding breasts. The disease then progressed quickly, causing Ms. H. to be infected with septic shock and being taken to Vietnam for treatment.
After testing, the patient is diagnosed with septicemia due to swine streptococcal infection causing acute renal failure. Immediately the doctor appointed to filter the blood for toxic waste patients, high dose antibiotics, cut the necrotic skin in the area behind the 2 legs.
Thankfully, after timely emergency, Ms. H. gradually stabilized her health, improved her kidney and respiratory failure. The doctor then proceeded to remove the thigh skin for skin grafting for the patient.
After 40 days of performing skin transplantation and transplantation from the front thigh skin area, the skin in the necrosis of the leg was resumed.
According to Dr. Lich, most cases of swine streptococcal infection progress very quickly, patients may experience many serious complications such as multi-organ failure, cardiac collapse, meningitis, hemorrhage, systemic necrosis. . If the emergency is not timely, the patient will die high.
Experts advised people to be aware of slaughtering dead pigs, handling live pork must have protective gear, so they should not be bare. It is best not to eat sick pigs, dead pigs, uncooked pigs and uncooked organs.
For pig slaughterers: Do not slaughter pigs for disease; do not use dead pork as food for other animals and must handle pigs die of diseases thoroughly, avoiding the infection of swine streptococcus bacteria to the environment and community.
In addition, pig slaughterers need to wear necessary personal protective equipment (hats, glasses, masks, gloves, etc.); ensure open wounds are not exposed to pigs or pig products; Pig slaughtering places must be clean and separate from food processing areas.
For pork traders: To prevent swine streptococcus disease, absolutely do not buy sick pigs; do not sell pigs or pork of unknown origin; Only trading pork of origin, not sick and having veterinary seal of veterinary agency.
For food processors: Be sure to wash your hands before cooking and keep the area clean; When storing and storing raw meat, it must be separated from the storage area of ready-to-eat and processed meat to avoid contaminating pig streptococcus; do not share raw meat processing equipment with cooked meat; Wash your hands after processing meat; meat must be cooked thoroughly before eating;
For consumers: Absolutely do not eat unripe pig organs, live pork, soup; do not eat pork or pork products of unknown origin; If the hand has scratches, do not contact the product from raw pork, unless wearing gloves.