Only choose a medium sized apple, slightly larger than a tennis ball. Do not choose apples that are too small or too big. Too large apples can be sprayed with growth stimulants, too small apples often sour or ripen.
- Should choose round, regular apples, firm and heavy, these apples will give plenty of water and eat very well.
- Apples with no or very few scratches due to impact, no bruises due to the effects of heavy transportation, dropping.
Observe the pods
Should buy the apples with fresh colors, shiny apple shells, when touching, there is no feeling of touching the wax. If you like to eat sweet apples, choose darker fruits, with small white seeds on the skin. Avoid dull, dark, crushed apples or pests.
Smell the apple
Ripe and delicious apples often smell very fragrant. Unripe apples will be less fragrant and will often have a sour and slightly acrid taste.
Check the crunch of apples
- Use your finger to gently tap the apple to see if the apple is firm or soft.
- Do not choose apples with lots of stains, when eating unsweetened apples and spongy apples.
- The sign of whether or not the apple is crispy depends on the knots around the apple, if these are not or almost instant, it is a sweet apple. As for the fruits, there are many noticeable spots that are powdered and not crunchy.
Touch the apple with your hand
Delicious and succulent apples will be quite round, hard and heavy on hands. Pressing on the hard, berry apple, the apple is a delicious apple. Try snapping your fingers on the apple, if the sound is loud, it is crispy and delicious apples.
How to use and preserve apples ensures safety and quality
- You should choose to buy apples at reputable, branded stores or buy in big supermarkets. Avoid buying in sidewalks, street vendors of unknown origin, source of apples.
- When buying apples, if you eat immediately, you need to wash them thoroughly before peeling. After peeling away the apple peel, to avoid darkening apples, soak the apples in warm water mixed with some lemon juice. This will help apples keep color longer and stay fresh, guaranteed for hours.
- If you want to preserve for a long time, use the apple for many days, wrap it in the perforated plastic bag, tie it tightly, and put it in the refrigerator.